Sunday, February 6, 2011
Culture as How I Define It.
What is culture? What first comes to your mind when you talk about culture? To my understanding, culture is what a particular society belief and practice in their daily lifestyle. Let me give you an example on it; the Malaysian culture. In Malaysia, it's our culture to celebrate all the festivals together regardless of races. Another example, here in Eau Claire, it is the culture of the people to greet each other as they walk by. It is fascinating to know that different people in different places have their own identity for their culture. And yet it is what that actually distinguish one society from another. You might be an Indian from Malaysia but your belief and practice will not be the same as an Indian from America because you were brought up in a different culture compared to an Indian from America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
its exactly right! culture is powerful, you will influence by the local culture where you grew up no matter which nationality you are.
ReplyDeleteIt's right, culture is different in the different place.
ReplyDeleteYou provided good example of what culture is. I will mimic it.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you,culture of our place of residence plays an important role in defining how we behave,even if we are from the same ethnic group.
ReplyDeleteI agree, individually everyone has your own identity, but also I think every culture could be influence on anther one.
ReplyDeleteWhen we talk about culture is very interesting to know that in all countries have different traditions. In this case you mentionated some examples to clarify what you tried to explain us which is great.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThamo, Thank you for your comment in my blog and your posting. For me this writing is impressive. I think specially structure of paragraph as well as definition about culture is very good. Also sometimes I am surprising thinking there are various people who have different culture in the world.
ReplyDelete"To my understanding, culture is what a particular society belief and practice in their daily lifestyle." This is a good definition.
ReplyDeleteI like your comment too Ana - I'm wondering how cultures are being influenced and changed because of our easy access to the world. Do you see any changes in your culture?