Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Difference Between Students in Eau Claire And Malaysia

Being a transfer student from Inti College Subang Jaya, it is a total different experience of being a student here as compared  to there. Back in Malaysia, if the class starts at 8a.m, the lecture will only begin at 8.10 a.m. The reason is because in the 10 minutes time, some students will be still coming to class; in another word its the time for the students to settle down in the class. But here in Eau Claire, if the class starts at 8, it starts at 8. There is no such thing as coming in late even by a minute. Punctuality. That is the major difference between students in Eau Claire and Malaysia.
However, I did realize that both the students in Eau Claire and Malaysia have one  BIG thing in common which is; both the students are very active in class participation. Students here in Eau Claire and in Malaysia are very active and responsive in class activities. This is very important in the process of learning. And to be honest, I'm glad I'm here!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Amy. I did not know that there is a time for preparing class in Malaysia! In Korea, there is not that time like UWEC. Active participation is good thing. I want to participate in class actively like you, but I am somewhat nervous to speak English :) but, I have to try. I wish you have a good time in here~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main thing that Thamo said in his blog is the same that in México happens, classes begin 5 minutes after and it is because students need to move from other classrooms. I'm also agree with energy of UWEC students!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that means if the class is 60 mins, the students just need to take 40 mins? right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree completely with the point about the 10 minute delay before every class.

    ReplyDelete