Sunday, May 1, 2011
Business in America
It was a great opportunity to listen a talk from Professor Thomas Mihajlov. His talk gave me a better perception of the American business. Listening to his talk, I noticed that there are significant differences comparing the American business to how business is conducted back in my country. In my country, the tax rates are lower compare to here. In addition, the tax rate is equal throughout the states whereby here in America different states has its own tax system. One thing that I have observed here in America is that, the competition is very high. For an example, there are a lot of fast food restaurants and each specializes in its own main product. For instance take McDonald's and KFC. Back in my country, you can get a burger from KFC or some fried chickens in McDonald's. But here in America you cannot get that. Why? I believe the competition is very high. Producing burgers will be a big risk for the KFC as like how producing fried chickens will be for McDonald's. These are some of the concepts I've learnt by while I'm here in the United States.And once again, I would like to thank Professor Johnson for giving the class an opportunity to learn more about the American business by inviting Professor Thomas Mihajlov; who actually is my finance lecturer, to give a speech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the tax is lower in your country? thats a good thing.Its very high in China.
ReplyDeletecompetition is emphasized by his talking.
ReplyDeletereally? is that true about the tax?
ReplyDelete